To whom it may concern, we appreciate your interest in sharing your voice in the “Be Bossy” publication, a publication to be produced, owned, and sold by Bossy Publishing. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to publish or not publish any content that you submit to us. Before we accept this content from you, please confirm that you have read and agree to the Submissions Contract which will rule that any content that you provide to us is accepted for the “Be Bossy” publication project.
1. We do not wish to receive or hold any materials from you in confidence. Therefore, you agree that no obligation of discretion is established between you and us with respect to your content. You agree not to make any claim of idea appropriation, deceit, misuse, or any other similar claims with respect to your content.
2. In exchange for our providing you with this platform of expression, connection, and potential exposure to readers of the publication, all of which you agree is valuable, you grant us a non-exclusive, permanent, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use, modify, adapt, reproduce, publish, licence, sublicense, distribute, sell, perform, translate, and display the content along with any data embedded in the submission for any purpose, and in any manner or medium (existing now or developed hereafter). All rights granted to us through this agreement are irreversible and apply immediately upon publication of your content in “Be Bossy”. You retain ownership of your submission along with the rights granted to us in this agreement. However, if you decide to republish this content elsewhere, you agree to include the following disclosure: “Originally published in ‘Be Bossy’ by Bossy Publishing”
4. We may publish without restriction other content on the same topics as that of your content given the nature of this project. We make no promises or guarantee whatsoever regarding the level of exposure that you or your content will receive through the publication, and you agree that we have no obligation to you under this agreement or under any law, in connection with any of your content that we may use.
5. If you wish to have your content published anonymously, you must advise us on the submissions form. We will still need your real name and email address on our submissions form for internal records. Note that while we honour every request to publish content anonymously and/or under a ‘pen name’, in the event that this is not made clear by the submitter, we make no guarantee that your content will be published anonymously. Moreover, we make no guarantee that your identity will remain anonymous even if published as such and we disclaim any responsibility whatsoever for any harm resulting from the disclosure of your identity.
6. You understand that our website receives traffic and is accessible to anyone on the internet worldwide, as will this publication. You should not provide us with any content that is private, confidential, defamatory, or infringing on someone else’s intellectual property rights. You are solely responsible for any legal, personal, or other repercussions that occur as a result of your content published in “Be Bossy”. We assume no responsibility or liability which may arise for your content. We are under no obligation to retract your content as it will be published in print, but reserve the right to do so at our sole discretion.
7. If you think you should be paid or otherwise compensated for your content, please do not submit your content to us through this project platform. This project is intended only for individuals who believe they will benefit personally or professionally from publishing their content without compensation. You acknowledge that you are not entitled to compensation or reimbursement of any kind for your content or any of your activities related to your content and that we may benefit commercially from your content, including by attracting advertising to our brand, by increasing the value of our brand, and in other ways. You further acknowledge that we have no obligation to provide you with any data, analytics or other information that we may obtain or create concerning the publication or your content.
8. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to (a) edit the content, (b) supplement or combine the content with our branding names, trademarks, and with content provided by us or by third parties, (c) not use the content submitted and/or remove the submitter’s profile from said author directory at our discretion, and (d) benefit commercially from the content.
9. You represent and warrant to us that (a) you are 18 years of age or older and have provided us with your real name and email address on our submissions form; in the event that you are a minor submitting your parent/legal guardian must email us directly with your name in order for us to proceed legal agreement with them; (b) the content is original work created by your that has not yet been published elsewhere but in the event that it is you must list where and in turn we may or may not use the content with full credits to source at our sole discretion; (c) you own the copyright to the content submitted; (d) the content does not contain any implied statements of fact that are false or misleading; (e) the content does not infringe copyrights, trademarks, or other rights of any third party; and (f) the content does not contain any defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening, abusive, harassing, or similarly unlawful material. You will protect and hold us harmless against any damages sustained or expensive incurred including but not limited to attorney fees in connection to any claim or action based on an actual or alleged violation of these representations and pledges.
10. You acknowledge that there is no legal partnership, joint venture, employment or other such relationship between you or us, each a party. Therefore, this collaboration holds communal terms for this project given your content and our platform, but both parties will remain respectful and uphold communication with one another during the project but are under no obligation to continue collaboration beyond “Be Bossy” publication and given content.
11. The terms of this agreement are binding upon the benefit of both parties, including their respective licensees and assigns. We may assign, license or transfer any or all of the right you have granted us to another entity or person which is including but not limited to using a third party publishing company or commerce platform.
12. If any provision of this agreement is found to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of both parties, and the validity and legality of the remaining provisions will not be affected or impaired unless continued enforcement of the provisions upsets the intent of either parties.
13. No delay or failure by either party in exercising any right under this agreement, and no partial or single exercise of that right, will constitute a waiver of that or any other right. Failure to enforce any right under this agreement immediately will not be deemed a waiver of future enforcement of that or any other right.
14. This agreement shall be interpreted, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to choice of law principles. Each party hereto irrevocably consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any federal or provincial court within the Province of Ontario in any matter arising out of this agreement, agrees that process may be served upon them in any manner authorized by the laws of the Province of Ontario, and waives and agrees not to assert or plead any objection which they might otherwise have to such jurisdiction, venue, or process.
15. If submitting through this platform, you agree that regardless of the country in which you reside, you are subject to the same extent of the law in which Bossy Publishing is based, Canada.
16. This is the entire agreement between both parties, and any changes must be agreed to in writing by both parties.